Gönderen Konu: A "Bana Bi'şey Olmaz" review by a fellow Scottish rock music fan  (Okunma sayısı 1369 defa)

Çevrimdışı Hyper Sonic

• Gold Üye
  • İleti: 3330
  • Cinsiyet: Bay
Hello there everybody,

As some of you may know, I've been trying to send a package to a friend in Scotland for a few weeks now. My efforts had been in vain until I came across this company called TNT Express. So, finally I was able to send the package. Included in the package were the movie "Oldboy", PlayStation 3 game "Valkyria Chronicles", which he originally sent to me to watch and play, and the movie "Başka Dilde Aşk" along with Özlem's latest album "Bana Bi'şey Olmaz". I told him that he might not be able to understand the lyrics, but that I wanted him to focus on the music and the way the words sound to his ears (not the meanings of the words). I will supply him with the translation of the songs if need be. And here is his review of the album:

"The Ozlem Tekin CD is great! I could always look up online for translations of the song, but based on music alone it's wicked! Ozlem has a good voice and the band are great. The backing vocals on the chorus of the first song sounds so good even though I have no idea what they are singing lol. So far I mostly enjoy the songs 1,2,3,5,7. The last song seems more like an outro as it's a variation of song 2. But tbh its all good and thanks again."

So, he likes 1-Bana Bi'şey Olmaz, 2-Kimse Bilmez, 3-Yatağım Boş, 5-Sen Anla and 7-Erkekliğime Ver most in the album. I was sure he was going to enjoy "Bana Bi'şey Olmaz", "Kimse Bilmez" and "Sen Anla". Especially "Sen Anla", because that song is so universal and so awesome, I can't think of a single person who would refuse to like it. The fact that he liked "Yatağım Boş" and “Erkekliğime Ver”, however, surprised me. I would expect him to like “Şikayetim Var”, as well. Nevertheless, he said he enjoyed the whole album and that was good news for me, since I wasn’t wrong in thinking that Özlem would be as successful abroad as she is in our country, if not more.
Kalbim pusula, sen kuzey!

Özlem Tekin

Çevrimdışı SeRoX.v2

• Bizden Biri
  • İleti: 1654
  • I'm Right While I'm Wrong
I can easily say that most outsiders may like this album but not as much as Öz/Tek Başıma albums. They sound modern, something familiar newish sound they used to hear and play.

Spesificly for this album, sound fresh but far from their (Americans/Europions) newer and upgraded sound. Of course, this is not the biggest criteria they choose but surely a important one.

Btw, pretty good that your friend loved it.

Çevrimdışı Hyper Sonic

• Gold Üye
  • İleti: 3330
He not only became a fan of Özlem on Facebook, he favorited many of her songs on YouTube AND bought 109876543210 from Amazon as MP3 files. The last two albums are her favorites, though. He doesn't enjoy Öz and Tek Başıma as much, because he thinks that the former is too much "lyrics-dependant" and that the latter is too catchy for his taste. "Bana Bi'şey Olmaz" is the sole reason why he started liking Özlem. The TRT Performances reinforced that liking and now he is a big fan! :D
Kalbim pusula, sen kuzey!

Çevrimdışı SeRoX.v2

• Bizden Biri
  • İleti: 1654
  • I'm Right While I'm Wrong
Well, if you just show Özlem Tekin's live performance you never FAIL! :D That's in hand.

But, frankly, your friend is suprised me. Though musical tastes vary but I still stand behind my thought about Tek Başıma&Öz albums. Like I said, it differs to one to one.